Help finding info on a plane

On Saturday I picked up a couple of planes at a yard sale. One was a Stanley/Bailey #7, but the other has me a bit puzzled. I went to the Stanley web site and found out about the #7 (when it was made) but found out nothing for certain of the other. I Googled it to death, but still couldn't nail down info that matched it. I thought with the knowledge base here someone could give me better info.
What I picked up was a Bailey transitional plane. The front knob is attached with a wood screw (rather than a brass fitting). Here's the part that has me puzzled. The plane measures 15" by 2 5/8". The Stanley site (and several others, too) showed info on a 15" transitional jack, but the ones I found measured 2 3/8". I found several jointer planes that measured 2 5/8" wide, but they were all considerably longer than the 15". Does anyone know something about this plane, or should I assume it was once a jointer that somebody shortened some time back?
TIA, Glen
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:01:34 +0000, Glen wrote:

This link will get you straight to the info on transitionals: <http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan4.htm But no, it wasn't uncommon for these planes to have their dimensions modified to suit the taste / need of the owner.
--
Joe Wells