HD Sale

Hi,
I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225 before tax.
-Joe
On 5/2/2009 6:00 PM Joe West spake thus:

I do everything I can *not* to buy tools at Home Despot.
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

I would have respond with, you miss a lot of good deals then.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I saw a profile for a lady on a matchmaker site. Her hobbies included:
"Reading and not getting beaten. I spend most of my free time on those two activities."

Good price! I was in the market for a new DP a few weeks ago, I saw the current Ridgid DP at the WW show 4 weeks ago, show pricing was 10% off of $299. You beat the heck out of that.

Seems a little closed-minded!
I try to support the local merchants as much as possible, but stores like HD do provide good deals at times. In some areas HD or Lowes are the only source for variety and selection of good tools and equipment.
RonB
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Me too!
But, last week HD had a $25 dollar discount to be applied at the cash register for any power tool costing between $150 (I think) and $250. The Rigid spindle sander cost $200. This is the one several magazines called the pick of the litter. I bought one for $175 and I still think that was a good price. I'm impressed with the machine too, although I have not tried the belt sanding attachment. I bought a 14.4 volt Dewalt right angle drill from them for $95 one time. I couldn't buy two new batteries for that price.
Lowell Holmes wrote:

Try it, you'll like it.

HD usually gets the nod when it comes to power tools, especially with the Ridgid lifetime warranty. Hand tools are a toss up... The Kobalt series of hand tools seem to be pretty good tools.
Puckdropper
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Batteries on the 10 year old Porter Cable are going again, maybe I need to stop in and see what they've got.

WOW, to bad I don't need a drill press (got one, Ridgid BTW). But went to Lowes a couple of weeks ago and was buying Dewalt 12" 80 tooth saw blade for Miter saw. At the checkout there was a display with 2 of the same Dewalt blades for the price of one...... Did a double take, thought I was seeing things... but that was not the case. Told the clerk to put the one back and give me 2.
Marty
Joe West wrote:

Harley can't even make a decent bike... Now they're selling tools?
Oh...
Wait...
I see...
Never mind. My brain is someplace else.
(Actually Harley makes some beautiful, but slightly overpriced bikes in my opinion, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.