Hardwood plywood in Dayton, Oh?

I'm looking for a supplier of hardwood plywood in the Dayton, Ohio area. I don't have a specific need at the moment, but I was hoping to find a consistent source at competitive prices. I wont be needing large quantities, maybe as little as one to ten sheets at a time. In the future I may be able to purchase larger amounts to take advantage of price discounts, but I'm not there yet. I just want to be able to tell customers, "yeah, I can do that." and know that I have a consistent source of plywood that I can get in a reasonable time for a reasonable price. I guess I can have is shipped in, but I'd rather not pay the shipping. Or is this a case where I will pay shipping at local dealers (in the form of higher prices up front) and I'm better off buying online etc? By the way, I've started doing custom furniture and built-ins as a real business (used to just build things on the side and for myself). It's going very well so far. Customer's are lining up, and I want to be able to plan for the future. Im a little nieve when it comes to finding sources for business purposes.

Thanks for any help, Brian Mahaney

Reply to
Brian and Brenda Mahaney

What plywood do you consider hard wood plywood ??

Baltic Birch plywood is all hard wood plywood. Most hard wood veneer plywoods use soft wood inner ply's.

Reply to
Leon

Sorry for the confusion. I'm simply looking for plywood with various outer veneers of cherry, oak, mahogany, etc. that might be used for cabinet panels. The inner veneers are of little concern. What ever is more commonly available.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian and Brenda Mahaney

Reply to
Kevin Wilcox

Reply to
roger garber

If you go to Woodfinder.com and do a search for the Dayton area you should find what you need. I did a search on Dayton a few weeks ago and found quite a few hits. I will, hopefully be back in that area in a few years.

John C

Reply to
snowdog

Thanks John,

I don't know why Woodfinder didn't come to mind when I was searching yesterday. It could be the lack of sleep the three prior nights. My 18 mo. old daughter felt like playing at 3:00 am. I was googling my brain out, but I was getting nowhere, and the local phone books were useless. I found only two hits less than 40 miles away, but for around here that is pretty good.

Thanks again, Brian

Reply to
Brian and Brenda Mahaney

Kevin,

For some reason your message won't come up on my news reader, so I'll reply through Roger's message.

Actually, I was about to head over to Frank Miller Hardwood today (which is over in Union city, Indiana, but the weather is looking a little threatening. I don't want to get over there and have to come back in an ice storm. Especially after the last ice storm they had up that way. I did a woodfinder search and Miller Hardwood Lumber Sales came up as a source for ply. They are in W. Manchester. I'm not sure wich one of these places you are refering to. I've never been to Miller Hardwood in W. Manchester. I used to go to to Appalachain Millwork, but I heard they shut down the hardwood store and were only doing millwork. Apparantly they are out in Enon now. I thought their prices were a bit high. I was able to order over the internet and even with shipping I was able to save over 30%. They did have a nice selection though.

Thanks for the info, Brian

Reply to
Brian and Brenda Mahaney

I always search on a 150 mile radius. I am currently stationed at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX. The nearest wood source I have is in Ft. Worth/Dallas area (2 hours south) or in OKC (2 hours north). It will be nice to get back to a place where buying wood is not a weekend project. But is does give an excuse to hit all the woodworking stores in the DFW area : )

John C

Reply to
snowdog

Ok, that really should not be any trouble finding. Dome Depot and or Lowe's will have Oak veneer and Birch veneer plywood's if you are desperate. Past that look in the Yellow pages under "Hard Wood" lumber. There should be at least a couple of specialty lumber yards in Dayton that will stock or that can order the various types that you may need.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Kevin Wilcox