hardwood flooring question

Hello woodworkers...
Quick question... If you were to estimate a price on what a gym floor could be sold for (approx. 5100 sq ft), what would it be worth ? I know it's a completely rough guess, but presume a 25 year old floor made from some hardwood like maple. I would also appreciate any other advice on selling wood such as this.
Just wondering

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
If it requires that you remove the floor, you should make them pay you. At worst, you should offer to remove the floor if you get to keep the wood.

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

Around here (Austin, TX) I occasionally see old maple gym floors advertised in the newspaper. Usually it's around $1/sq-ft if it's in decent shape. Probably not enough to pay for the labor of removing the floor, but enough to offset some of it. Matt

The basketball floor for the New Haven Coliseum was sold in the last few years, and it went for far less than most would believe.
What makes this case interesting is that "removal" consisted of loading 4x8 or 5x10 sheets into a truck, and hauling them off. This was a removable floor that was placed over a hockey rink.
I always thought that a hunk of the floor and part of the rink boards would have made a neat rec room. Especially if one of the doors with moving glass could have been worked into the design. <G>
Barry