Hardware Label

Whereas, in my shop, I have the greatest motorized dust collector: A motorcycle.

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

My dad has that bucket for nuts and bolts. I can't imagine the amount of time my granddad and I wasted looking for the one nut, bolt or washer in that bucket that wasn't "too big" or "too small" for a repair job we were doing on a piece of machinery. Would have saved way more time to have sorted and organized that bucket than all the times we went through the bucket sorting it one bolt at a time (yeah, back then I wasn't thinking either -- I guess I just sort of thought that's how everybody did things).

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Mark & Juanita wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hey! It IS organized! It's in the bucket!

And if I can't find it in about 10 minutes, I know to run down to the hardware store, and buy exactly what I want. What really frustrates me is KNOWING I have a box of what I'm looking for, and not being able to find it. Likely because I put it away 'somewhere safe'.

Picking through the bucket also seems to offer the opportunity to solve a problem in another way. Sort of a creativity enhancer, if you will.

Patriarch, who belives that there just might be one heck of an estate sale one day...

Reply to
patriarch

LOL... isn't THAT the truth. My SWMBO calls that "constructive procrastination." That is, when a piece appears to be usable in another repair altogether. Working on the mower..heyyy THIS might work on the dryer I was trying to fix...and the original trip to the shed was to repair a screen door.

I have heard this kinda thing happens to some people.

Rob

Reply to
sandman

sandman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nr-tor01.bellnexxia.net:

Some people describe it as lack of focus. Those people could be described as narrow-minded. ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I can sort of see that. The problem was that when we were picking through the bucket, that windrower, or that combine, or that disc had to be fixed *now*. What often happened was that we would go through the bucket, couldn't find *the* bolt or nut, and granddad still wound up making a trip into town to buy one.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita