Hardware Label

Page 1 of 2
I have a dilemma. I have collected loose nuts, bolts, screws, nails and all kinds of hardware while cleaning up my shop. I have them in a coffee can. Now I need to label this can. Since this hardware is not sorted, do I label this assorted hardware, unsorted hardware or unassorted hardware? I am so confused. -bl
unsorted assorted hardware
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JMWEBER987) wrote:

Mine is labelled: HELLBOX
you're nuts and screws, loose

bubbalouie wrote:

i just labeled all of mine "maxwell house". i have about 27 of them, and i spend many a happy hour listening to the oldies radio station and picking through unsorted, unassorted, miscelaneous little pieces of metal and plastic and.......ick! yuck!.....what the heck was that?!?!?!?!
martin caskey millers island, maryland
bubbalouie asked the following:

I have a container like that. It will never get sorted because there is not enough of any one type of screw, nut, bolt or whatchamacallit to separate into its own container. I call it my "whatnut jar". When I need some particular item of hardware, I just dump it out, sort through it, find the one or two items that I need and then scoop it all back into the container.
You would think that eventually the container would become empty but there is always that couple of odd items that I throw in there to keep it replenished.
bubbalouie wrote:

To complicate the issue, the ones with threads on them are 'screw-tible'; the ones w/o threads are 'in-screw-tible'.
Best thing to do, is get *two* more coffee cans. and line them up in a row. The (empty) one on the right gets labled 'MIS D'. The (empty) one on the left is 'MIS B'. Whereupon, it is 'obvious' that the full one is 'misc'.
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:48:49 GMT, bubbalouie

Label it "I was too cheap to buy one of these" http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber226

30 bins wouldn't even scratch the surface of my hardware stash, let alone the unsorted stuff....

LOL!!! That's what started this!!! I just bought these boxes and was trying to get them organized!!!!
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberD625
-bl
bubbalouie writes:

You're gonna love them. Greatest non-motorized dust collectors in the world. I got a slew of two different sizes nearly 20 years ago, and spend as much time cleaning them as using them. Sit some in a window. They do a fine job of collecting dead blue bottle flies, too.
Charlie Self "Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good." H. L. Mencken
Charlie Self wrote:

Not to mention, spider webs. Joe
Charlie Self wrote:

Whereas, in my shop, I have the greatest motorized dust collector: A motorcycle.

Label it "trash" and put it by the curb.
bubbalouie wrote:

How about this?
"Shit To Be Sold At My Estate Sale".
At least that's where I see a lot of cans full of "assorted" nuts/screws/washers/nails that should have been pitched a long while ago.
UA100
Unisaw A100 wrote:

LOL!
<<How about this?
"Shit To Be Sold At My Estate Sale".>>
And if labeling space is at a premium, just delete all but the first word.
Lee

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:48:49 GMT, bubbalouie

"Gluing Weight"
Barry