Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

Page 7 of 7
krw wrote:

That's me! Clueless... lol %-)

Richard wrote:

someone else's 401K into their own? You might look at the Mortgage REIT's from 2008 as evidence of productive trading. All of this makes for some (unnecessary) legal expenses, i.e. lawyers.

Going off on a tangent here, but how could you not find a Harbor Freight coupon? Every magazine I subscribe to has a full-page Harbor Freight ad every month, with a 20% off coupon (and one for a free tape measure/LED lamp/screwdriver/ random trinket). Every week the mailman brings me the three local ad stuffers, and every one has a Harbor Freight ad in it. I could probably find a dozen Harbor Freight coupons in the house right now (plus another dozen that are expired).
John

There are "special coupons" around that are better than the coupons that you see everywhere. I knew what I was looking for and I found one. Sadly they changed the drill. Glad I didn't just order it on-line. I would have been peeved. to find I couldn't use it for what I wanted.

What does that have to do with quality? They downgraded the features, but that does not mean the quality of the product is affected at all. You have the terms confused.
Quality has to do with tolerances, grades of material, proper assembly.
What you have is a lesser featured product.
Also, don't be confused by a company that touts they are ISO9000 certified. That does not mean them make a good product. It meant if they make a crappy product, they will all be equally crappy and they have the process to assure it. .

And the paperwork to prove it.
On 4/15/2015 4:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

requirement and that is all.

+1
...and a process to produce an even crappier product in the future. ;-)

In some contexts, "quality" means "fitness for a certain purpose". In this case the older product was more fit for Bill's purpose, and thus the newer is of lower quality.
John
On 4/15/2015 5:46 PM, John McCoy wrote:

A quality item (an item that has quality) has the ability to perform satisfactorily in service and is suitable for its intended purpose. It may not suite Bill's need, but if the new design performs to the now intended purpose, it is of equal quality.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If it was of equal quality, why would Bill prefer the old box?
On 4/15/2015 8:54 PM, Bill wrote:

He wants added features.

Quality is a subjective term - what one person perceives is not what another would. For instance, Bill would probably perceive my prior post as low-quality, because I typed "Bill" where I should have typed "Bob". You might consider it to be of adequate quality, because it conveyed the information it was intended to, irrespective of the name used.
Apropos of the drill press, it's fair for Bob to say it's of lower quality, because it's less fit for his purposes. It's not capable of performing with an accessory that's commonly used with a drill press (to wit, anything with a morse taper). Someone else who doesn't use such accessories would likely say the drill press has adequate quality.
John

Jim,
That was hysterical.
Sincerely, Bill
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 15:31:06 -0700

I haven't looked at prices for benchtop drill presses is there a wide range of prices how much lower is 'harbor fright'
sounds like a series of fortunate events or are you not going to get one at all now

coupon's only good for that tool? what's the story with that
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:10:20 AM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

You've never heard of "product specific" coupons? Allow me to enlighten you...
http://origin-cdn.coupons.com/static/ext/coupon-codes/pc/565919_2.gif

Yep. In this case the product specific coupon was much less than the sale price and a 20% coupon. It was even a little lower than the sale price and a rarer 25% coupon.
On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:47:17 -0700

you could buy at the reduced price and resell it on ebay there are some that like buying stuff online from ebay I don't know why but maybe they don't have HF nearby or don't have a credit card and only have paypal