Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

Page 3 of 3

:>Some of their $12 to $25 nailers are amazingly durable. I know a finish :>carpenter who is almost ashamed of them but can't wear them out.
: Yup, their cheap brad nailers are amazingly good, especially for the : price. Everyone raves about them, I haven't been able to break one : yet and for the price, I could buy a dozen of them for the price of : one Paslode or Senco.
Any experience with their framing nailers? I ned one for very occasional use, and don't feel like spending $300 for one.
    -- Andy Barss

If you only want it for occasional use you can get a really cheap palm nailer that will shoot most any sized nail with a head 1 at a time.
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:21:18 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

Unfortunately not, but if their brad nailers and staplers are any indication, you can't go wrong for the price. They take a wailing and keep on nailing.
To me HF is great for those wierd 1 off tools that you may only use once and cant justify spending big coin on. When you need that 7th fetser valve changer - that you know you will only use 1 time - it doesnt make sense to spend big bux on a quality tool.
Ie - Their 12" metal cutoff saw - I picked it up a while back for 39 bux - I had to cut some flat metal stock for something I was building - I rarely work w/ metal and it was better than using a hacksaw and for 39 bux - It was worth my time to buy it. Since its initial use (about 3 hours worth) Ive used it a hand full of times and its been great.
To me - for those things - I dont mind buying HF - 39 vs 199 for the PC metal cut off. Now the tools I make my living with - I have no problem at all going top of the line or very close to it.
Just my .02