Happiness is: ?

Page 1 of 3
The new thread on tape measures got me to thinking on some woodshop specific "Happiness is" scenarios ... here's one of my favorites:
Happiness is:
When your apron pocket tape measure, and the tape on your table saw fence, agree to a RCH ... verified repeatedly by each and every cut!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07
Swingman wrote:

How about this one:
Happiness is: When you tap that dovetailed joint together and there isn't enough play to slip in a politicians honest streak.
Swingman wrote:

I think I know what the "CH" part means, but the "R" escapes me. Tom, whose happiness may directly correlate to his ignorance.

Not woodshop specific, but a lifetime spent in the successful pursuit of measuring the "R" factor would definitely qualify as happiness for many of us wooddorkers. ;)
Let's get back on topic now ... <g>
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07

I think I know what the "CH" part means, but the

If you have a sufficient and continuosly replaceable supply of RCHs to repeatedly verify that measurement every cut, then I agree that you have found what "happiness is..."
Dave Hall
"Dave Hall" wrote in message

LOL You left out "variable"!
... for the grass is always red.., errr, greener on the other side of the fence.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07

Red.
--
Regards,

That only tell part of the story. Red is finer than other colors, meaning more accuracy.

But does a RCH maintain that accuracy it turns gray? Or is it necessary to start over with a new supply source?
Larry Kraus wrote:

Only if the original source is deaf, dumb, and blind - or if you have a death wish :-).
-- It's turtles, all the way down

In my bachelor years, I made the interesting discovery that "red' can be of differing thicknesses.
Max (ah, those young years)
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 20:52:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

We always said it was "Royal".
Finer by definition.
Regards,
Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

In the last 12 months, adding a 15" stationary planer, 1100 CFM canister dust collector, 22-44 Drum sander, LT16-HD Laguna BS, and a very large tool chest to ones garage/shop and ending up with more room to work than I started with.
"Leon" wrote in message

You suck!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07

It seems the trick is putting all the large stationary equipment on mobile bases and along the walls. Hopefully you will be sucking soon with a new shop. ;~)
The subject line says it all.
Remember Tom the cat, of Tom and Jerry fame, shown standing beside a martini glass, fully intoxicated with the tag line below:
Happiness is a tight pussy.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I was just thinking the other day about how much time, energy, money, etc we males spend over our lives chasing that. And then, if we catch it, there's a lifetime of maintenance costs. If that's not the #1 happiness factor, then we're sure wired wrong.. I mean, any tool pales in comparison.. you just have to pay once and then it dutifully serves with no questions asked.

I would jump in with some question about tools, and one of those every-guy-likes-it acts, and ask what guy in his right mind would trade the satisfaction of owning a tool for that. But then I considered that some of you guys have dust collectors...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

A new Oneida Super Gorilla dust collector. It really sucks.
Max

When you shake out your new load of #2 Common and find enough figured wood to complete a job that you've had in the back of your mind for almost five years.