Gun Cabinet

I am planning to build a gun cabinet and I have come across a bit of a stumbling block.
Although I am at best a novice wood worker, I do try to build with joinery and glue, rather than screws and nail guns. This being said, I am going to attempt to make raised panels, rails and styles with a frame and panel router bit set.
The thing that has me puzzled, is that although the router bit set is wonderful for machining a slot for a raised panel, I am not quite sure how to fit the glass into the areas that don't have wood panels.
First of all the slot is quite wide for a pane of glass. Also, I would prefer not to have the glass captured in a frame, as this would make replacement a real headache.
I am sure as with all things, there are a dozen ways to accomplish this task. I would be really interested in hearing some suggestions.
ron wrote:

To use glass in place of panels, you use a different technique. It is similar, but instead of a slot, you have a rabbet which the glass goes into, then glass moulding to hold in the glass. The glass moulding is removable and makes it easier (read possible) to replace the glass should it break.
Although I use a slightly different method, this site will explain it better than I can.
http://www.splitlevel.net/cabinet-glass.html
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Absolutely legit question Ron. Here's a set of cutters just for that purpose. Others make them as well. http://www.infinitytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number %2D523
In earlier days, I've also been known to sneak up underneath the finish assembled frame (on a table) with a solid carbide flush trim to cut away after assembly. Not the best setup though - chipping and splintering - ugly operation.
I'm sure some others will give you some good insights as well - as another poster said - there's several ways to approach it.
JimInFl

door after the door frame is assembled (assembled w/o the glass). http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?pageT10 The head of this cutter rides in the actual slot in the rails and stiles and the strange looking cutter part of the bit cuts away the lip. With the lip gone, the glass then will fit into the slot from the back of the door and rest against the lip on the front of the door. It can be held in place with either or clips (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 269 ) or one of these (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page "77 ).
ron wrote:

You might consider a gun SAFE instead of a cabinet. A safe has obvious advantages; for example, you can't lock an unruly child in a gun cabinet.
"HeyBub" wrote:

Thought about it, but the kid is not too unruly and when I grow up I'd really like to be a wood worker.
Kind of defeats the purpose, a safe built out of wood.