Guidance please for building a curved lamination

Dick Snyder wrote: > Here is a link to what my daughter wants me to build. >

45" wide.

Looked at the piece.

Interesting, but not too difficult.

My guess is you will spend more time building the fixture than you will laminating the piece.

As a suggestion, look at Fred Bingham's book, Practical Yacht Joinery.

As you can imagine, there are lots of laminations when you build a boat.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It took me awhile to figure out where the triangle was but as you said, draw a picture. Clever solution. Thanks.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

The top is three pieces all cut with a router and templates.

You need to buy the article to get a full understanding of what the guy did.

It appears to be very similar to the piece at Target.

Dick Snyder wrote:

Pat Barber

Tue, Jul 25, 2006, 3:46pm REMOVE snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Dick=A0Snyder) doth query: I guess I don't follow you. Here is a link to what my daughter wants me to build.

How would I cut solid wood to shape?

From your original post I'd thought just the arch was curbed. Even so, easy enough to make from solit wood. Just cut the curve in multiple pieces and glue together, or cut small pieces, and put together. Or you could use plywood. You plan on painting anyway, so any joints will be covered. Or, just make a curved front arch, then make a flat top behind that. No prob.

Being as you're gonna paint, and no loade will be placed on the top, you could probably even mold it out of sawdust clay.

JOAT Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal

Reply to
J T