Grizzly Power Tools

I am thinking of buying a oscillating edge sander and have been looking at the G9982. But I have never purchased a Grizzly power tool before. I would like some opinions on their quality, finish and reliability.
Thanks, Joe.....
As with all tools, you get what you pay for. They are not the best, highest qaulity tools you can buy, but they work and with a little maintenance now and then, replacing hardware occationally, etc, they will last a long time. I have several grizzly tools (bandsaw, shaper, jointer, sander) and I have no regrests. I would buy more if there was anything else I needed at the moment. There tech support departmnet is very easy to deal with too. (Should you have any problems.)
Joe in Denver my woodworking website: http://www.the-wildings.com/shop /

Joe,
Excellent jigs and mods! Love the xy on the mortiser.
I had a question on the shaper. Any difference on the finish or cut quality when spinning router bits slower on the shaper? Just curious.
Sincerely, Rich

at
would

quality
A friend has a Grizzly shaper. Although he seems embarrassed to own a Grizzly (for whatever reason -- maybe because he owns Robland combo), he does say how much he likes his shaper.
I have used it. Personally, I would prefer a PC router in a solid and versatile table.
/rick.
shaper is on my short list. 3hp most likely from the grizz due to the lower cost around 800 and needing it for raised panels.
I would love to have lots of embarrassment by owning about 20 grizzly machines....
Rich
"RickS" <rick --dot-- s --at-- comcast.net> wrote in message wrote...

calmly ranted:

I have 3 and a Woodstock and am proud of 'em all. (Well, as proud as a Normander can be, anyway.)
- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? - http://diversify.com Full Service Web Application Programming
I think Grizzly is like most - a blend of good and not so good. It looks like their 1023 series of cabinet saws has been the flagship of their product line and there are a lot of very happy users, including yours truely. Some of the equipment I saw on there showroom floor looks great, some not. You just have to do your homework and shop.
If you are focusing in on a particular product call their customer service line. They will provide phone numbers of up to two customers in your area that have made recent purchases of a similar item.
wrote...

Thanks Joe. I am going to give the sander a try.
Joe....

at
would
Search the archives. This subject has been discussed ad nauseam.
Brian.