Grizzly Guide Block Holders

Does anyone know where I can get guide block holders for a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw? I've ordered them through Grizzly, but they're on backorder for 4 weeks. I'm starting a project and don't really want to wait that long.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom Wojeck

Reply to
Tom Wojeck

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious why you want to swap out the bearings for blocks? I love my bearings (also have the G0555) -- did yours go south or something?

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

I was using a 3/16" blade, and the bearings took the set right off the blade. I was only able to cut 1 table leg before the blade was shot and I was just burning wood. When I called grizzly to find out what I did wrong, they said anything less than 1/4" should use blocks instead of the bearings.

The bearings are fine on the 3/8" blade I got with the saw and a 1/2" that I got from Suffolk.

Reply to
Tom Wojeck

A while back there was a thread where someone said he made his own blocks out of (IIRC) hardwood. It may be helpful to DAGS.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Mark,

I have the guides already, its the guide holders that I'm after. I searched google, and found a couple, but couldn't find out if they would fit the grizzly or not.

Reply to
Tom Wojeck