Grizzly 12 inch drum sander

Has anyone here purchased this sander, looked it over closely or maybe seen a demo work? Just wondering what your thoughts were. I'm kicking around the idea of buying one. Looks like it would save an awful lot of time by running boards through to remove planer marks. I have a stack of hickory that is just begging for something like this.
Bryan
damnyankee wrote:

If you can afford something wider, I'd save up. Haven't used or seen that particular model.
bf wrote:

Yes, but I think I could get the 12inch in the basement without "somebody" noticing. A 24inch would be a little more difficult. :)
Bryan
damnyankee wrote:

Wives aren't supposed to be feared LOL.. Explain to her all the time and money a 24 inch would save. And it would also get that list of TO-DOs done so much quicker :)
Thats why I keep a couple of fake mice at the bottom of the stairs.
bf wrote:

I've worn that out! I need a new excuse.
damnyankee wrote:

Leave the DC off for a while. She'll give you plenty of room ... by the time the dust clears and she has ventured into your sanctum sanctorum (wood shop) you can look her in the eye and honestly say:
"Why no, hon ... that isn't new."
;-)
'New' is SUCH a subjective term ... ;-)
Bill
Bill in Detroit wrote:

I've thought about doing this... :) All I'd need to do is run the belt sander for a half hour and everything looks like it's been there for years.
Bryan