Grizzly 1023 Motor Question

Page 2 of 2

Ignore my last post!! I just went and checked the plate on my 1023SL and it has a tiewawna motor My friends has a made in USA (mine is a year old ) and his is 3 years MMMM crow tastes good !!!!
wood addict said:

That's OK - at least you looked! And at least they're not putting Chinese motors on them - yet...
Greg G.
Greg G. said:

I'm also an idiot. I could have sworn I put the complete model number in the text of my post...
That would be 1023SL or 1023SLX - same machine/different accessories. Left tilt 10" cabinet saw.
Oops,
Greg G.
now that would have been nice! LOL Hope you happy now!

Greg G. Wrote:
<<Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)
Greg G.<<
Me! Me! Me! Pick me Greg!
Following along with the rest of your posts, I am sensing the Delta is going away. Good for you. You bought a refurbished saw, not a saw you need to refurbish.
You can Google away here on this group for that particular model of saw, and I don't recall (that doesn't mean it didn't happen) anyone being unhappy with their purchase. Lots of folks have these saws, and lots of folks here can help you with set up and tune up advice should you need it. There used to be a guy that kept a webpage that was dedicated to setup and assembly of his Grizz (model unknown) saw that was really complete with instructions and pics.
Regardless of your ability to make the saw you purchased "right", should you really have to rebuild anything that you spent that much money for? I mean really, you are supposed to MAKE projects with your new saw, not have your new saw as your project.
Adios old grey, says I.
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said:

OK - uhhh... There, You - Robert...

I finally came to that conclusion.

I have, both before and after my attempted purchase.

Again, I finally came to that conclusion. And it's not like I couldn't have fixed it in a reasonably short period of time, but that wasn't the point. I want THEM to make it right - the first time. The Take It or Leave It attitude peeved me to no end, and they are darned lucky no one got hurt by that abortion.
The older gent that came to pick up the saw has probably worked at this dealer since he was 18 years old. He called them "adequate". He seemed to think that the Generals were the favorite of his customers, but I can't quite justify that kind of price tag. I was squeamish about buying THIS one, but figured that in 20 years, hey, maybe it might be worth more than a trip to the dump - It didn't make it out of the box. :-\
Greg G.