Grizzly 1023 Motor Question

Page 1 of 2

Just wondering, what brand of motor comes with the Grizzly 1023 saws?
And please, no conjecture - I can do that... ;-)
And what type of mount. Is it a standard NEMA frame or is it a proprietary mounting design?
Thanks,
Greg G.
7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and even the Manuals Hmmm
did you try grizzly?

HMFIC-1369 wrote:

Don't be such an ass Hmmm unless you can decipher what a P1023056 Motor 3HP 220V is. I know I would ask the same damn question if I wanted to know because it's NOT in the specs or even the Manual.
Ass? what Are you a dick in search of one? are you that ignorant to NOT think that perhaps the manufacturer changes vendors over time and might not be using the same motor or even change the design in phase? that Joe saw purchased a few years back just might not be THE SAME EXACT SAW?????. Are you really that stupid that you can't call Grizzly and ask them.... They will go and look you know! You can even email them!
So don't be suck a dick and assume I'm an ass. The Best people to go to regarding specs of Grizzly products is Grizzly. How stupid can you really be????

even

Nobody has to assume it, the evidence is here for all to see. <plonk>
Yeah Shit that dribbles from the mouth of a troll.......... another dumbfuck!
Notice Troll, that you had nothing of value to add, so maybe if you dicked Judy more often. She wouldn't be looking for ass elsewhere!
wrote:

really

Who's Judy?
So Jody of the 7 Different models Grizzly 1023's. Are we talking about 220VSP or 110VSP or 3 Phase? Model S,S110,SL,Z,ZX3 or maybe SLX?
Your ass is showing kid!

even

I didn't call them to ask, I don't have much faith in telephone answerers as vendors of valid information - but I have downloaded the parts book.
They do not specify physical properties on the motor, only their part number.
Greg G.
Really I was busting your chops, but to make a point..... Grizzly and everybody else over time and manufacturing will change vendors and designs. The saw Joe bought may not be the exact saw you will buy. If you need an exact answer only Grizzly would have it.
As for their CS it can be difficult, I had problems regarding the specs on their sliding router table. THEY did NOT give me the correct answer so don't waste you time with the them (Customer Service). Go directly to the Sales Department and they will!
Every tool and machine I have purchased from Grizzly works great! I haven't been disappointed..... yet!
Baa> said:

even

But most will stick with the same motor standards as they are interchangeable from vendor to vendor. It may be a 56 frame or a 143T, etc. If you know that, then you can be assured of a motor from many sources, not a proprietary one. Grizzly, OTOH, does not want you to know that because they make a profit selling replacement parts.
I think it is a valid question.
Any question is a good question only if you ask it to the right people. There are 7 different models
"So Jody of the 7 Different models Grizzly 1023's. Are we talking about 220VSP or 110VSP or 3 Phase? Model S,S110,SL,Z,ZX3 or maybe SLX?"
and you are making an assumption about the motors if you need to know ONLY the manufacturer would have the correct and current information. Grizzly as everybody else is in the business to sell you replacement parts. Online Joe Internet could be full of shit suppose you believe his false information and act on it???

etc.
not

Most of the denizens of this group are REAL, sincere people. It also tends to be a 'family' forum. They do not willingly give out false information. A general consensus would be required for me to act upon it. I'm a grown up, I can determine the value of any information presented for myself. But here, as in life, the number of trolls is increasing.
Greg G.
Edwin Pawlowski said:

Exactly. They aren't likely to alter production parts in mid-stream. The castings of the saw, the brackets, etc. And they wouldn't be able to change motor vendors easily if there were a custom frame.

:-)
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

It is, on my 1023SL.
No idea on the brand. I'll try to remember tonight and have a look when I get home.
-jav
Did anyone think of looking at the motor spec. plate on the motor it self? That is the usual place to find the wanted info.
Just a thought, Dave
wood addict said:

Hmmm... Yes, I believe that is the information I asked about... Unfortunately, I don't have one to look at.
I want to know, as a prospective purchaser, if it uses a standard NEMA frame, and what brand of motor came with _current owner's_ saws.
I need to know this because motors fail and down the road, I may need another one - or possibly upgrade. I like to have choices, not just be forced to buy what the manufacturer, if he is still in business, is selling.
Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)
Greg G.
Yes they are standard frame USA made motors that Grizzly ships to Taiwan
wood addict said:

Or most likely installs upon arrival in the States. And you know this because... you own one?
Thanks,
Greg G.
huh?

self?