grinding wheel clogged up

HI All, I used my benchgrinder (probably stupid) to shape a piece of wood i needed to fit a precise shape. Now the wheel is shiny and smooth probably with the wood itself. Is there anyway I can get this off / out? cheers DW

Reply to
dafyddw

Get a dressing stone or wheel and create a new surface. Any place selling the new grinding wheels should have a dressing stone or wheel.

Reply to
Leon

Or resins from the wood, if it was a resinous variety.

Roy Underhill tells a story about a grinding wheel that was full of tar when he got it. Soaking it in gasoline allowed him to clear the tar off so he could use it.

Then when he was grinding steel with it and making sparks, he discovered that not all of the gasoline had evaporated!

So I suggest you take Leon's advice and don't try cleaning it with soap and water.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

DO NOT use ANY liquids. It can soften the stone and it can come apart... those chunks don't slow down much when they hit a shirt.

Reply to
Robatoy

Max

I use one of these and have been very happy with it.. Sold almost anywhere and inexpensive..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Dont'cha just hate it when you make a post like this, leaving out the part you are talking about. LOL

Reply to
Leon

For sure... especially after going to find the damn link that I forgot to paste in...

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

On Apr 7, 9:18 am, mac davis wrote: ..

other friable surface wheels. However, one of those gawdawful remanufactured hunks of grey cinder block needs the wheel dresser mentioned above.

You will grind that little "T" dresser with its 100 grit face right off with one of those gray wheels.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41