Graphic support for different grains

Seems like it has been a while since a graphic of the end of a log with an overlay of cut boards positioned over the end of the log to show how grain will be distributed as the log is cut. Sure helped me visualize grain patterns for various names. Maybe associate it with the not oft posted FAQ.
Do a google search for Forest Products Lab and Wood Handbook. They have in the last few years published this document as a series of .pdf files, which you can download. The graphic you refer to I believe is in Chapter 3 - page 4, however, this is considered by many to be the bible of wood science. Everything you ever wanted to know about wood, and then some. Well worth the time it takes to download about 20 or so .pdf's.
babygrand

The Woodhandbook is available onlione for download chapeter by chapter or as the whole book. Now, if you don't have a mondo printer or access to one, Lee Valley sells a hardcover version of it.
Here is the Lee Valley one: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pE997&cat=1,46096,46109
Here is the online version: http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fplgtr113/fplgtr113.htm
This is by far the best source for this information.