Gluing fabric to wood

I want to line some walnut boxes with green or red felt. What's the best way to do this? Would regular titebond glue work ok or should I look for something else?
Thanx,
Vic Baron
--
Of course, I may be wrong, I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Go to the local craft store get some Aleene's Original Tacky Glue. A really horrible glue for the shop but a great glue for fabric to wood gluing. Real good open time, easy to make corrections in the placement of the cloth. easy cleanup and when setup holds the fabric in place forever. and is more flexible then normal wood glue for fabric. Web site is www.duncancrafts.com according to the bottle.

way
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:34:03 -0600, "Sweet Sawdust"

http://www.michaels.com/online/images/glue.pdf Household glue choice chart

-------------------------------------------------------------------- I sent in my $5, so * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html why haven't I been 'saved'? * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts
Looks like there are others that will work as well, no big surprise. I have used Aleene's for several years now and have had no problems, the others I have no experience with.

best

gluing. >>Real good open time, easy to make corrections in the placement of
I keep reading everything in reply. I need to find a new news server.
Anyway, I want to chip in my me too here. It's *great* stuff for this kind of thing. I use it for sticking velvet to shellac-covered wood, and it really does the trick.
The only problem is bleed-through. Little, widely spaced dots work best for avoiding this. Easy does it. Don't press too hard.
white glue. thin it down a little and apply it with a brush. let the first coat dry. lay the felt down in the second coat and press it into place with the back of a spoon or similar.     Bridger

Take a thin piece of carboard slightly smaller than the inside of the box.. Apply glue to the top of the cardboard and on the edges of the underside of the cardboard. After the glue dries just pop it in . This allows for easy removal should you have to refinish or repair the box. gene

way

Whatever you use, make a test first. Most glues will stick the felt down, but some may have problems with visible soak-through.
I use a contact adhesive (Evostick 528), applied to the box only and allowed to go tacky. For high-quality work, or most leather, I might use rabbit skin glue, used hot. -- Die Gotterspammerung - Junkmail of the Gods
Well, last year I made a few jewelry boxes for family members and lined the drawers with felt. I went to HD and got some Elmer's in a spray can. No bleed through and it's still stuck to the drawers. Only bad thing, it sets up pretty quick.
--
This space for rent.
Jerry The Phoneman

way
Any crafts store will have felt with a peel and stick backing, and it is by far the best choice. You can cut and test fit with the backing in place. But two things need to be pointed out: The felt has a habit of stretching if handled roughly, which would mean trimming after the felt is in place, The stick part is just that.....very sticky. It hold pretty good with casual contact, so be very careful with placement after peeling. I have seen it in over ten different colors.
Dave

way
Thanx for all the info. I'll check out the self adhesive for future projects but I already have the felt purchased for this one. I'll test a few methods and see what works best. Main concern is bleed through and setup time. I ain't as quick as I used to be <G>.
Vic

way
In spewed forth and said:

You can also try some wallpaper paste