Glue recommendaton for Hickory workbench top lamination?

Hi:
I have a big workbench top to laminate. It will be solid hickory, the individual pieces are 1-3/4" thick and 3" high. The lengths are 6 to 12 feet. Finished top will be 15 feet by 3 feet.
Anyone have a recommendation other than Titebond to consider for the glue for the lamination?
Thanks, Paul
If you rule out Titebond, then the options are epoxy or urethane or hideglue (and maybe things like fish glue, and other esoteric adhesives)
TiteBond is a good choice here but the others should work as well.
Personally, I would probably go with a quality epoxy if I was not allowed to use Titebond or any of the other glues that are basically the same as Titebond
John

"PBS" writes:

1)Resorcinol 2) Epoxy
The resorcinol will give you the most open time.
Either one will cost 5-10 times TiteBond for the small amount needed.
SFWIW, I use a lot of epoxy, but I'd use resorcinol here because it is easier to handle.
HTH
--
Lew

That is not a workbench...that is a fixed aircraft carrier...

decided to post "Glue recommendaton for Hickory workbench top lamination?" to rec.woodworking:

Resorcinol, tho expensive, is very permanent -- but I think of it as a bit brittle. I wonder about using hickory for a solid laminated benchtop. This species tends to move quite a bit, but is otherwise pretty tough and durable, and handles[sic] shock well.
hth, /ts
--
exec rm -r /bin/laden*

lamination?"
I did an end grain hickory butcher block with Tightbond II. 1 year of daily use and no problem at all. Montyhp