Glue line Rip Blades

Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several saw blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be (ie you can glue immediatly after ripping). All comments appreciated Thanks! Cary snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
CChar1151 asks:

What's new about them?
I've tried DeWalt, Amana, Freud, CMT and several others. You can glue right after ripping.
Charlie Self "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2, 2000
On 26 Jan 2005 09:59:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

If they do well in the market Charlie, would you like to go into business with me selling some No 4 Stanley "glue planes" on eBay? ;-)
Groggy
<snip>

Don't start that now! You _know_ it takes at least a #6 Stanley glue plane... ;-)
Patriarch
I use the Forrest and it is perfect!!! max

Hi Cary, I think my Freud Glue Line rip bade is great. Works as advertised. Cheers, JG
CChar1151 wrote:

A Forrest WWII will do that.

I've got a Freud. Works great, even on my Crapsman saw!
Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit for 2-3 days prior to glue up.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:25:22 -0500, "Mike Lewis"

Why?
TWS

umm ... I thought the whole thread was tongue in cheek ... why would you have to wait to glue up your project after cutting with a "regular" blade?
Mike Lewis wrote:

Moisture stabilization, particularly if came from thick or very wide stock...

How does a saw blade solve this issue? Does it coat the wood so that it doesn't dry out?

you
The glue line blades come with a load of organic material. I'm certain that helps with keeping the wood from drying out.
-j
CChar1151 wrote:

My 40T WWII rips more accurate edges than my Freud "Glue Line Rip". The Freud is a thin kerf, and I suspect it deflects. The full kerf version of the blade will probably do better, but I have no reason to buy one.
Barry
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (CChar1151) wrote:

Are those the linear crystal oxygen free blades?

I suspect Monster Cable collaborated on the blade design to align the electrons...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I've use a Freud blade, and now mostly use a Ridge Carbide 40T combo blade. No one ever told me not to glue right after ripping, but it has always worked. I'm not sure what advantage these "special" blades would have.

I have not heard of "glue line" blades but I have been glueing after ripping with my Forrest blades for years.