Gloat - Luckiest Guy Around

My wife of 43 years has started nagging me lately. We have been finishing our new house for the past year or so and I have had some problems with my old Ryobi 12-1/4" surface planer. Tore it down a couple of times to replace a sprocket, and to glue the gearbox flange back together with JB Weld. However, work has slowed down lately and it has been doing fine during the past few months.

Received the Grizzly Spring Sale catalog yesterday and they have the G0453 15" surface planer on sale for $925. She is bound and determined we need to drive over to Springfield and get one. Also, having had to sweep the garage many times lately, she is also thinking we need to also pick up one of their 2hp dust collectors.

Damn. What I have to put up with these days!!!!

Reply to
RonB

Obviously she doesn't need any more planing. Just apply some polish and rub with the grain.

Received the Grizzly Spring Sale catalog yesterday and they have the G0453 15" surface planer on sale for $925. She is bound and determined we need to drive over to Springfield and get one. Also, having had to sweep the garage many times lately, she is also thinking we need to also pick up one of their 2hp dust collectors.

Damn. What I have to put up with these days!!!!

Reply to
Josepi

Very true.

Reply to
RonB

Sounds like you have a hard life. :)

Reply to
CW

She sounds like my wife. ;~) Lucky guy.

Reply to
Leon

Sounds like my wife 3 years ago: "I'm not going to ride in that old truck. You need a new one."

Old truck was an 18 year old Nissan pickup.

The correct response was "Yes, dear."

John

Reply to
news

I had been complaining about my old table saw for awhile... One day I guess I complained a little too much.

"When are you going to stop beetching about that table saw and get a new one?"

"Today, Dear"

Reply to
Joe

Sounds like you found a keeper ... keep treating her well

Reply to
Matt

On Wed, 19 May 2010 13:09:02 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote the following:

Poor Ron. Stiff upper lip, old chap. Just Do It!

-- The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. -- Madeleine L'Engle

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes she is. I definitely got the better deal out of this relationship.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Got the same sale flier, and reading it sort of half out loud (and in particular mentioning the upcoming tent sale) prompted my wife to point out it was a two-day drive so we'd have to start planning it pretty soon. I wasn't even *serious*--but if that's what she wants to do....

Reply to
DGDevin

Last January I showed my wife (39 years next month) a WoodCraft ad for the 18" Rikon band saw, on sale for $995. She told me to buy it. Stupid me, "Nah, no place for it yet. I would just sit in its box in the garage.". Some day soon... OTOH, she wants a Mustang convertible. Maybe there is a connection. ;-)

Reply to
keithw86

It works out a little better for us. Springfield is about a 2 to

2-1/2 hour drive. If you have never been there the Griz showroom is the ultimate boy's candy store.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Just for comparison:

I just cashed in 3 weeks of vacation to pay for my wife's trip to Ireland later this month. She's of Irish descent, and deserves the trip.

But FUCK!

I need support here, guys. Send me tools.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Do you consider all loose women tools?

I just cashed in 3 weeks of vacation to pay for my wife's trip to Ireland later this month. She's of Irish descent, and deserves the trip.

But FUCK!

I need support here, guys. Send me tools.

-Zz

Reply to
Josepi

That is a slur, I take it?