Gloat -- FWW Mags

I got 80 "Fine WoodWorking" magazines from JOAT for $1 each plus shipping. (About $107 total.) I've only pulled a few out of the box. The earliest is (so far) is July/August 1980 and the latest is October 2003. Each one is

*full* of good stuff!

I got 'em and y'all didn't. Naa na na Naaa naa.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Nice haul.

I've purchased a lot of old FWW on ebay and paid from $3-$5 each for them. I'm surprised he didn't try that.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Tylicki

I guess it was "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know."

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Awwhhh. That's nuthin'. I would guv 'em to ya for nuthin'. j4

p.s.JOAT might have objected to my giving you his magazines, but hey. Who knows.

Reply to
jo4hn

Thu, Feb 26, 2004, 9:33pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@wi.xx.rr.com (Joe=A0Tylicki) Nice haul. I've purchased a lot of old FWW on ebay and paid from $3-$5 each for them. I'm surprised he didn't try that.

It ain't about the money, I'd druther offer here first.

Anyway, Mark lied - it wasn't 80, it was 81. LOL

JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like.

J T

Oh yeah??

This week I got GIVEN #1-114 FWW, plus 1-91 FHB (missing 5 in the 30's) and

8 of the "FWW on.." series.....

Before you think bad thoughts....I made the customer take $500 CDN for 'em...he's welcome to give the money to charity if he wants...

Does that count for two gloats???

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Three weeks ago at a garage sale I picked up 115 issues of FWW for $75 and of course no shipping needed. Now I need to buy some time so I can read them all.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Yeah, well last summer I was given over 100 FWW, including issue #1, with the only stipulation being that I had to also accept several boxes of Woodsmith, Shop Notes, and several other magazines. I still haven't looked through all of them, but my collection became so large I had to buy another bookcase and several magazine holders.

All free, my friends. heheheheheheheh

jmac (who now has a couple of dozen duplicates and doesn't know what to do with them) Now I can say neener neener neener. : )

Reply to
jmac

Works for me!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I *never* find anything useful at garage sales. Just maternity clothes, ugly 70's ashtrays and exercise machines made for people much small than my

6'2" 250 lb frame.

Congrats. Good gloat. You do have a magazine rack in the "necessary room"? ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

At what year/month did FWW start putting the high quality glossy paper in the magazine?

Reply to
Larry Bud

Issue # 1. It was black & white then, but was on a much heavier sheet. Always glossy coated.

John Martin

Reply to
JMartin957

Hey, I'd be happy to take them off your hands :) I'll even be a good sport and pay for shipping!!

Mike

[snip]

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:12:17 -0800, jmac scribbled:

You *bought* a bookcase for your FWW????? :-)

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

How do they look on you?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Oh yeah?

In the last month I got over $400 worth of stuff from Lee Valley, and all I had to do was pay for it!

So there!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I am pleased that someone else found that line humorous. I was sure chuckling at it.

- -

DL

> Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a bastard.

::::::::::::::::

"When you make fun of someone washing his truck, that's sad."

- Jeff Kent

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!

Reply to
DL

Luigi Zanasi wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That caught my eye, too!

Last fall, an old friend gave me a huge stack of FWW, starting with #1, and continuing until well into the color era. I've enjoyed them greatly. The Krenov style plane, described in Issue #126, is almost complete, for his collection. Using some cocobolo he brought home from Mexico maybe twenty years ago.

I have also enjoyed the several woodworking projects we have done together since then. He's not up to doing very much of the 'heavy lifting' any more, but he sure knows how to put a finish on the work we do together.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:52:24 -0500, "Robin Lee" brought forth from the murky depths:

That's, what, $32.50 American?

Only if you had paid USD for them.

P.S: You Suck!

.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques