Glad I went with the Freud bits - 'nixed the Woodline bits

I decided to cough up the extra $$ for a set of Freud's rail & stile router bits and steered away from the lower end sets.
Glad I did.
I figured I need to make of over 20 doors & drawers for 2 projects and I have no doubt these bits are the ones for the task.
The test cuts in my 3/4" poplar came out nice and clean.
Ron
I suspect the Woodline bits would have given similar results.

router
I need to buy a couple of bits and have been tempted by the Woodline ones. Did you try them first or are you just assuming they would not have worked as well? Glad you're happy with the Freud bits, I have some of those too as well as a couple of TS blades and have been pleased with them all.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Ron" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
Woodline bits are the worst I've ever used. Even worse than Viper. CMT, Bosch, Amana, are all far superior. I know there are other top quality brands, but I don't own any but the 5 I mentioned. The Woodline bits I have don't cut as cleanly and require more pressure than when using identical bits from other mfgrs. You get what you pay for!
dave
Larry C in Auburn, WA wrote:

Ah yes. The corollary to "High priced items can't possibly be OVER priced!"
Brian.

Ah yes.... The old corollary to "Nothing that is high priced could possibly be OVER priced."
Brian.
Baaaaaaad news server!

possibly
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:00:42 GMT, Larry C in Auburn, WA wrote:

Larry, I'm going to be visiting my relatives in Bonney Lake the week of Christmas and can bring my set by if you'd like to try them.
Shawn
Thanks for the offer Shawn, but I think for the limited use I'll give them and the fact that enough owners like them I think I'll be fine with them.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Shawn" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I like the Woodline bits a lot. They are always at the local woodworking shows, and I have a habit of picking up a bit or two at every show, just to fill out my collection. I've never had any problems, and always felt I got good value. I believe you would have found the Woodline to be at least on a par with the Freud. BTW, re a recent thread about show discounts, Woodline always offers good discounts at the shows.
Having said that, when it comes to big ticket items like raised panel door sets, I bought top of the line CMT. For that kind of money I don't want to ever be disappointed.
-- Bill Pounds http://www.bill.pounds.net/woodshop

router
Pounds on Wood wrote:

You also don't want to take the chance of them blowing up.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:48:45 GMT, "Pounds on Wood"

I like the Woodline for some things, and their customer service and shipping are the best I've seen. I use them for small runs of odd-shaped molding, and their bits are much less expensive than others I've tried. For bits that get used alot, such as straight, trim, etc., more expensive bits such as the Whiteside are actually cheaper in the long run.
tt