Giant Sized Hourglass

My father-in-law turned a beautiful 2ft (approx) high hourglass for my wife and I a few years ago. Sadly my daughter broke the glass in it today and my wife is very upset.
Does anyone know of a supplier of the hourglass for such a large size? My father in law believes you cannot get them anymore.
I hope he is proved wrong.
Regards,
Gavin
a scientific glass blower could make you one pretty easily. you need to find one with a large enough glass lathe. try calling your chem department in a local university for recommendations for one.
regards, charlie cave creek, az

wife
my

Hey Gavin,
If you don't have any luck finding the glass component "off the shelf", email a few glass blowers. I've had good luck with having custom glass pieces blown/crafted for commissions such as kaleidoscopes and curved fused glass for cabinet doors. I'm sure a custom hour glass design wouldn't be out of the question. Prices are usually reasonable.
Cheers and good luck,
aw

I did a quick search and came up with this guy:
<http://www.hourglasses.com/html/body_large_glasses.html
It doesn't look like he sells the glass itself, but you might ask him where he got his to replace your broken one. (At least this tells you they're still available.)
Try http://www.glassblower.info/index.html

wife
my

wife
my
Lee Valley Tools has a true hourglass, but it's only 8" tall. Take a look if you like.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page2868&category=1,250,43243
Its not if you can get them its at what price are they available. heheh. Hope you find one, check ebay too.
Rich

wife
my

Why would you ever name your daughter Sadly?
;-)
--
-JR
Hung like Einstein and smart as a horse