FutureShop 1.0

- Anything that can be blown away by a blast of compressed air from 3 feet or more will have to be boxed or secured. Brooms and vacuums are too inefficient. Sweep up with a compressed air nozzle, and suck up the piles through the DCS uptakes.

Forget that!
How about a raised computer room style floor? Instead of using the raised floor hollow for cabling and a return air plenum, we could simply put it under heavy negative pressure and suck the dust right into the floor. Finishing fumes too! <G>
Think of it as a down draft table that you walk on.
Barry

In the eternal war with gravity over whether my tools and parts stay on the bench or choose to fall and roll underneath it, I'm not sure I'd care to give my opponent the extra advantage. :)
Kurt

I'm really going to try and collect as much swarf/shavings/dust as possible at the source, to avoid the need for major cleanup on a routine basis. That said, I still enivision the need for periodic dusting, and compressed air just seems to be the way to go.
Next up: Floor Dogs.
JP