FS: Home with nice shop in Mesa, AZ

In case anyone might be interested in relocating :-) Selling our home with shop and getting ready to move later this summer.

on the link Country Living in the City Limits

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

So... which pieces of the furniture and cabinetry did you make? :-)

Looks like a nice place. Green grass in Arizona, imagine that. Strike that, lots of green grass in Arizona, imagine that. [I have the token 20 x

50 foot lawn in my backyard, the rest of the place is rocks.] +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Thats incredibel. tom

Reply to
tom

445 grand for 1/2 acre?

In Mesa?

Pass

Reply to
Steve Decker

My son lives in Mesa and wants to move up. The prices are insane. He sent me the inspection report he had done on a $375K place that showed beautifully but under the skin was a piece of crap. I told him to pass.

Just like (okay worse than) Tucson, all the Californians tired of the rat race there are to moving to AZ with big bucks and driving up the price of housing here. And bringing the rat race with them. California "investors" are putting a payment down on yet to be completed houses and then flipping them when they're complete. Some builders are trying to institute clauses that require the buyer to actually live in the place.

Sure makes the tax assessors happy tho.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Question of perspective, I guess.

If you were reading this from southern California, you'd be thinking that price is way *low*. That property here would be $750K minimum.

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

Reply to
Bruce Farley

I agree. I live in San Diego. My neighborhood was decimated by the

2003 firestorm. A recently rebuilt 3000sf tract home was just put on the market for $1M - insane...
Reply to
Jerry

I agree. I live in San Diego. My neighborhood was decimated by the

2003 firestorm. A recently rebuilt 3000sf tract home was just put on the market for $1M - insane...
Reply to
Jerry

Maybe. But this house is not even in one of the "desirable" sections of Mesa.

Reply to
Steve Decker

Welcome to California! The Californians did the same thing here in Oregon starting in the early 1970s. A lot of them were buying places based on no more than a Polaroid taken from the front of the property!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser
[snip]

I live to the west of Tucson, a few hundred feet from Saguaro Nat. Park. Across the private road that is my drive, there were four parcels for sale. A local speculator bought 20 acres for $250K a few years ago and sliced it up into the 4 pieces. Seven+ acres with the back fence being the park boundary he kept for himself. The other three, 4.1 acre parcels he sold for about 150K each. One buyer is from CA, one from WA, and the third is local, although he's made no building progress despite being a contractor and I suspicion he will sell to an outsider for a profit. Two houses abutting these lots recently sold to people from CA and OR. The whole area is being Californicated.

The guy from WA sold a doll house (I saw the photos) on Puget Sound for $650K. He's got a builder doing a 3000' home for about $120/ft so he'll have half a mill in the place. But he's complaining about the $8K fees to the county. I told him he's getting a bargain considering the impact he and the other folks moving here have on the traffic and water supply.

As I told him over a few beers, as an individual he's a nice guy, just as individually, illegal aliens might be nice guys, but collectively they're ruining the place.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

That would explain the bumper stickers I saw on a trip thru Oregon in '75: "Don't Californicate Oregon!"

Doug Miller

YEP! and "Visit Oregon. Just don't forget to leave."

We had another influx of them in the 1980s when it was fairly dry (west of the Cascades) and they all started whining when we went back to normal rainfall.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Yep, they come here, move to the fringes of town 50 miles from work and then bitch because the traffic's too congested. So they want a freeway plowed through *someone else's* neighborhood so they can get to work on time.

I've often said that we should ban air-conditioned cars and houses. Drive with the windows down and have evaporative cooling at home.

If you can't take it then you don't belong here, it's desert for goodness sake, go back to where you came from.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Now you know how us native WA folks feel after we got all of them bloody CA people wanting to make us into another CA. I wonder if the fellow is a "native" of WA - probably one of them looneys from down south . . .

AZ is a nice place but not sure if my webs between the toes could survive the lack of moisture - they tend to crack a bit without rain you know. . .

BillyB

Reply to
BillyBob

In Albuquerque this home would go for under $200k, probably around $175k. Quite a difference in RE costs for sure. But then a 'high paying job' here is around $12/hr. Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo
[snip]

The weather channel web site shows the 12PM temp in Tucson as 100 F, but it "feels like" only 96 F. The RH is 14%... plenty wet for a desert rat [g].

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I would rather have 100F at 12% RH than the 60 to 70F dewpoints at 85 to

90F we get in Minnesota.

When I go out to the desert in Nevada, it will be 95F, but it feels nice to me because of the lack of humidity.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

That's just wrong... your house costs about 6X what mine did, and my property taxes are higher. That's almost a reason to relocate right there!

Reply to
Prometheus