FS - Black Walnut Stump - NC

Ran across this in a bargain paper.

1 BLACK WALNUT STUMP (large) 7ft across including roots, already dug out, excellent for gun stock. $195. 336-512-6432(d) or 336-222-1053(n), Burlington

Sounds like it'd make one Hell of a big gunstock, at 7ft across.

JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

- unknown

Reply to
J T

Not to mention the roots getting in the way SH

Reply to
Slowhand

I would think that chunk of wood could be worth at least $175. When you look at the price of gnarly walnut used for turning alone it could be valuable.

Reply to
RonB

Correction - $195 too!

Reply to
RonB

The stump is where all the highly figured wood is, I think.

Reply to
Silvan

yep. walnut stumpscan be worth big money.

a lot of work to use, though.

Reply to
bridger