FS - Black Walnut Stump - NC

Ran across this in a bargain paper.
1 BLACK WALNUT STUMP (large) 7ft across including roots, already dug out, excellent for gun stock. $195. 336-512-6432(d) or 336-222-1053(n), Burlington
Sounds like it'd make one Hell of a big gunstock, at 7ft across.
JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. - unknown

Not to mention the roots getting in the way <g> SH
I would think that chunk of wood could be worth at least $175. When you look at the price of gnarly walnut used for turning alone it could be valuable.
Correction - $195 too!
RonB wrote:

The stump is where all the highly figured wood is, I think.
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:06:25 -0500, Silvan

yep. walnut stumpscan be worth big money.
a lot of work to use, though.