Freud FT2000E Router in Woodpecker Plunge Lift

I just installed the router in a Woodpecker lift in my table. Now the mechanism is very stiff and hard to adjust (yes, the plunge lock is off). It seems that the base is not perpendicular to the lift rails. Is this possible? ... and how do I correct?
TIA.

I've had some issue in mine of the thing stiffening up after a bit of use. I took an old toothbrush with a little graphite powder on it and ran it over the chain and that cleared it up. Can't imagine that they would be crooked as it seems like a well built unit for the six months I've had mine.
Allen