Re: Difference between the Freud FT2000E/FT2000EP Routers

I recently purchased a Freud Ultimate Router Table that has a Freud > FT2000E router. >

> After surfing the Web for awhile, I see both Freud FT2000E and Freud > FT2000EP routers mentioned. > > What are the differences between the two routers? > > Also, has anyone else used the Freud Ultimate Router Table/Freud > FT2000E router? What is your opinion of this product? > > Thanks > > TMT

Looking at Freud's web site (

it appears they market only two routers one is the FT2000E plunge router and the other is the FT1000EK laminate trimmer. My guess is that the FT2000EP designation is the way some retailers list the FT2000E to indicate it is a plunge router and that they are the same thing.

Nova

No idea. But the Freud is sold by many retailers who get to specify the quality of the case and the number of extra accessories you get with it. This controls whether you get 3/8" or 1/4" collets, and if the 1/4" is a collet or just an adapter for the 1/2". The model number might just be this variation.

Buy a second collet nut from Freud (UK Freud is good at spares, and reasonably priced). The collets are a pain to move between nuts, so have a nut for each. Also ditch the 1/4" adapter and get a real collet, if you don't already have one.

Another accessory well worth having is their turned brass guide bush set. Beautifully made and quite cheap.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I've had my FT2000E for about ten years. The only accessory I've purchased specifically for this router was the Freud FT2020 Template Guide Set:

additional router bases, the router table and various jigs I've built myself.

Nova