free inch foot calculator

Page 1 of 2
I need to acquire an inch and foot calculator. I don't mind if it is online or a downloadable piece of software.
Lex
|| wrote:

Have you tried Google? If you enter "1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will respond with 12 inches. It works with other types of measurements as well.
RA
Richard, I must not have been clear enough. I need to add and or subtract inches and feet, not convert. '"1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will respond with 12 inches...' Your response is irrelevant.
Lex

online

I'm not trying to offend here, but what do you find so difficult about using pencil and paper? You sound quite intelligent. I'll be glad to put something together here in the way of what to look for to avoid difficulties. Having to use ASCII might make it a bit tough, but it should be no problem.
I've seen people reach for the calculator to divide by 10, and wonder if it's sometimes just not being bothered to try. Sometimes we reach for the calculator when all we need is a little more practice. If you have real difficulty, why not invest a little instead of looking for a freebie? It will be worth it. Here's a few sites:
If working at the computer: http://www.mrcalculator.com/inches.html
Here's one for around $40. http://www.calculated.com/products/4015.html?specialty
Do you have Home Depot nearby? [Sorry guys] Won't theat carry something like that? Or, here, we have electronics stores that sell them.
One of the finest craftsmen I met couldn't handle fractions easily, so on the job he carried around two tapes and held them together to see differences. He built very fine homes. He'd have used a calculator like the one above, but they weren't around then.
Guess who,
Thanks for this link http://www.mrcalculator.com/inches.html in combination with the application that armoraciarusticana suggested, my feet and inches calculations are fulfilled. Thanks for the precise help.
Lex
wrote:

subtract
will
Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 1:40am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@npspam.com (||) Richard, I must not have been clear enough. I need to add and or subtract inches and feet, not convert. '"1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will respond with 12 inches...' Your response is irrelevant.
Do you really think you might not have been clear enough?
If all you need to do is and and subtract, get a cheap calculator. It'll add and subtact for you, no prob. As long as you can remember that one foot is 12 inches, you won't have any problems.
Or, is there some other detail you might not have been clear enough on?
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
|Richard, I must not have been clear enough. I need to add and or subtract |inches and feet, not convert. '"1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will |respond with 12 inches...' Your response is irrelevant.
Why not do it in your head?
| |Lex | | |
| |> || wrote: |> > I need to acquire an inch and foot calculator. I don't mind if it is |online |> > or a downloadable piece of software. |> > |> > |> > |> > Lex |> > |> > |> Have you tried Google? If you enter "1 foot in inch" in the search |> area, it will respond with 12 inches. It works with other types of |> measurements as well. |> |> RA |> |

online
Do you have Excel on your computer? Any chance you could program in a few calculations and use that for your calculator?
Depends on what you want the result to be, if you enter
1 foot 3/4 inches + 4 foot 17/32 inches in foot
into google, it will give you the answer in decimal form:
(1 foot (3/4) inches) + (4 foot (17/32) inches) = 5.10677083 foot
or do you want the answer in feet and inches also, your original post is not clear on that point.
Bert
I would like the answer in inches and or foot.

One is at: <http://www.woodmagazine.com then enter "calculator" in the search box
This link (if it works) will take you directly to it: <http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/195.xml Bert
Bert,
This shoud be the direct link to the file http://mrdthmedia1.meredith.com/downloads/wood/software/frac/ftclc2.zip
But it does not d/l from their site. I can't seem to win.

<http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/wood/sto ry/data/195.xml>
Do a Google search for that filename, FTCLC2.ZIP, a couple of other sites have it, like:
<http://www.woodworkersweb.com/downloads.php or <http://drn.digitalriver.com/product.php%5Bid%5D29736%5BSiteID%5Ddemocity Bert
I found the file at another location on the net. When I tried to run it, I discovered that its one of those silly programs of bygone PC days that requires a Visual Basic run-time library installed on your PC. Its not worth the effort in my opinion.
Bob
You need to do a few things to get this software to work.
1st get it from this site http://drn.digitalriver.com/product.php%5Bid%5D29736%5Bcid%5D37%5BSiteID%5Ddemocity or search on Google.com for the following file ftclc2.zip.
Since the application is old you might need the following dll file, VBRUN300.DLL. You can get this file from www.dll-files.com. Place the file in C:\WINNT\system32 if you have Windows 2k. In other Windows version I am not sure.
Thanks for your precise help Bert.
Lex

<http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/wood/sto ry/data/195.xml>
Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 3:10am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@npspam.com (||) claims: You need to do a few things to get this software to work.
Well, if you want software that works at adding and subtracting, then you find a kid in about the third grade, and give him/her a pencil and some paper, and ask them to do your adding and subtracting for you. Then you can stop the silliness.
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
Finally, I think my free calculator came in the form of a high school course called "Practical Math" but that was befor the "new math" the op may not be so lucky.
(||) claims: You need to do a few things to get this software to work.
Well, if you want software that works at adding and subtracting, then you find a kid in about the third grade, and give him/her a pencil and some paper, and ask them to do your adding and subtracting for you. Then you can stop the silliness.
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
I followed your very explicit instructions and had the calculator working in no time. Thanks. The little calculator works as advertised.
On the other hand, if one is willing to pay the author the $15 registration fee, I think the hand held project calculator is a better investment of money for usefulness in the shop. I discovered that sears is selling the project calculator under the Craftsman brand with a read case for $19.95.
Bob

Fine -- but why the devil do you need a calculator? Just add and subtract...
Example: 1' 3 3/4" + 3' 10 5/16"
First convert the fractions to a common denominator, thus: 1' 3 12/16" + 3' 10 5/16"
Now add; clearly the result is 4' 13 17/16"
Since 17/16" is the same as 1 1/16", this becomes 4' 14 1/16"
Since 14" is the same as 1' 2", this becomes 5' 2 1/16"
Upscale wrote:

is
few
Do a Google search on Martindale's calculators. There are ALL kinds of calculators there-- this link may work http://www-sci.lib.uci.edu/HSG/RefCalculators.html