Folding a BS blade

Page 1 of 2
It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video showing 2 ways.
http://www.lagunatools.com/company/video-blade
P.S. The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.
And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.
150" blades take up space I don't have and I have about 8 of them.... Coilded up they set on top of my upper wall cabinets.

Nice drive-by, Leon. <g>

Geeees,,, that is the second this week I think..... and I was not even looking for that kind of attention. LOL
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:23:11 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

At least he didn't say "8 of the 150" -rbide=- bandsaw blades", huh?
-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.
You fold up bicycle tires?????
On 01/14/2010 09:23 AM, Leon wrote:

Makes it easier to carry a spare when touring...or to fit in a backpack to bike home with it.
Chris

Sure, why not? It's easier to carry them...unless you want to wear them.
http://www.rathas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/tour-smoke1.jpg
That picture is also interesting for the riders smoking. Back in the day, smoking was thought to clear the lungs and give you more lung capacity.

Sure, why not? It's easier to carry them...unless you want to wear them.
http://www.rathas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/tour-smoke1.jpg
That picture is also interesting for the riders smoking. Back in the day, smoking was thought to clear the lungs and give you more lung capacity.

Ever looked at some of the new ones in the stores? They come in boxes not much bigger than the innertubes that go inside them. Next time you're wandering, wander over to the bikes and take a look.
Puckdropper

And a metal surveyor's tape.
Anyone remember those things? :^}
RonB
I hang it from an upturned hand and let it touch the floor. Step on it with your toes (in a boot of course). Close your fist (in a glove of course) and twist and lower and get the same effect. Of course I always have to try it two or three times before I remember the exact flow.

I hang it from an upturned hand and let it touch the floor. Step on it with your toes (in a boot of course). Close your fist (in a glove of course) and twist and lower and get the same effect. Of course I always have to try it two or three times before I remember the exact flow.
Cause I am to tough... ;!) I don't use a glove,,, but I did when I used the shorter blades. The longer blades seem to just fold up in place with out really thinking about it.
I watched a kid fold up a BS mill blade and was shocked how easy it was, and no gloves..

hands out from sides, palms away from you (the "what, me?" pose), then grab in both hands, turn palms towards you while bringing your hands together.
Unfolding is easy. walk out front and throw it in the grass. never fails.
On 1/14/2010 8:27 PM, Joe wrote:

That's what I do.

Grass? Where?

It's hiding under the cold white stuff.

With a longer blade you don't enven have to anchor the bottom, my 2 hands are the only thing touching the blade.

Well, again, I tried that when I first got my 150" blades and tossed them out in the yard a dozen times, nothing. With mine I have to uncoil them by hand but again it is very simple and with out any excitement.

Can I use that as justification with swmbo? "but honey, with this bigger, better, badder bandsaw, folding the blades is so much easier and safer!"
I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)