Flocking Technique

I just bought a flocking kit from lee valley. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers about how to go about flocking a small box -- particularily I was wondering if flocking should be done before or after assembly of the box? Any other hints/suggestions would also be appreciated.
Thanks
John

Never mind -- I just found the instruction booklet tucked into the gun.