Flipper door question

I'm using the Accuride 123 flipper door glides to install a couple of pocket doors in a computer desk. The instructions say that when installing the *optional* panel, that it must be recessed from the front of the cabinet 2 inches, and I don't see why it has to be so far back. Does it really have to be this far back?

This is different from the 2" in from the side to create clearance for the glides, I understand that. But, I'm not sure why it has to be held back from the front of the cabinet as well.

This is somewhat of an issue because I'm putting a slide-out tray in one and it needs to be able to slide out as far as possible.

Thanks.

Mike Dembroge

Reply to
Mike

The panel can come out as far as the back of the door, although I like to keep it back an eighth, or so.

I've never seen an instruction for keeping it back as you describe, but I haven't looked at the instructions in a while.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

They set it Back to be able to get at the hinge adjustments without removing the panel

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Well, that certainly makes sense. Thank you George.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks Mr. Watson. While looking for hinges, I came across a .pdf with all the dimensions and pertinent info and it (.pdf file) has this note in it.

Reply to
Mike

it'd help if you link to that PDF...

Reply to