flat cabinet makers tape rule

Just recently I saw an ad for a flat tape rule(ie not self supporting when extended) It also has a blank area along one edge to mark with a pencil and use as a story stick. I thought it was LV, but I can't find them. Any help? Thanks Keith

Reply to
keith

McFeeleys

But I wonder if I world miss a non self supporting tape.

Reply to
Leon

Try these guys, they seem to have some of everything and will make what they don't have:

Lobby Dosser

Keith:

They are made by FastCap, and they are great. The tape is metal, but has no dish to it (flat) so it really does lay right down on the workpiece. On the other hand, it would be almost worthless for carpentry work. We carry them Part # FSC-4024 at about $7. They only come in the 16ft length, but that shouldn't be a problem for most woodworkers.

HTH,

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

Jim

Also FastCap.

Glu-Bot owner...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

In the shop I don't miss it a bit. I really like the flat tape. On the job site as a carpenter I don't carry it though.

Those Fast Cap girls in Atlanta were good salesmen too.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I bought one from Lee Valley. Do a search for 'Tape-in-a-Can' on their website.

Reply to
mare

Thanks all for the input

Reply to
keith

Thanks Jim,

I bought 4; they'll make great Christmas gifts!

BW

Reply to
Bill Wallace

And thank you as well!