First day teaching.... Here I go!

Hello All -
Well, a few cupsajoe, and I'm out the door! This'll be my first day teaching woodshop, for those of you keeping up with the soap opera.... My first class is at 9:30 this morning, and I am alert as a cat in a room full of Maloof's best work.
Didn't sleep well last night.... wondering if my marking knife could be considered a "weapon" by The-Powers-That-Be.
More to come. Hope I get an "A".... Wish me luck.... Film at 11!
John Moorhead
Good Luck - let us know how it went.

John.. I had 2 great wood shop teachers in high school. Class of 1944. Hope you will be remembered as well in the future. Warren
John Moorhead wrote:

My wifes cat used to run from the power tools and sleep all day (if possible). Maybe another analogy would be better. :-)

Only if you have a beard and don't comb your hair.

Good luck!
But please -- no film! LOL Just a nice story or two.
Looking forward to hearing about the experience -- Good or bad.
--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

Good luck! After teaching 33 years - I must admit luck plays a part - you will make your good luck. Keep a good attitude - enjoy the kids - do your homework - and you will make your own luck :-) Congratulations - we need good teachers. I am proud to be in the club. Welcome aboard. Harry
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:46:51 -0800, the inscrutable "Teamcasa"

Bwahahaha! Good 'un, Dave. How about hurlin' one or more of these to impress the kiddies and mark his territory?
http://www.throwzini.com/fs_axe_2a.jpg
John: Have a good one and teach what you know while you learn what you don't. (Teaching is like that.)
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com

Good luck - but it sounds like you're pumped and motivated. The best teachers are the ones that are truely excited about their topic and can share that sentiment.
I'm betting big money, you do great!

My
Nah. Just ask the NEA. The best teacher is the one who gets the most pay....

full
Good luck, John - just relax and enjoy what you do and all will be well.
Vic
John Moorhead wrote: <quote text>
John, you'll be fine! I started last September, and found that the worst thing about the students is the way their teeth cut into my knuckles when I'm explaining something!