Finished my purple laminated wood project

purple.

And some of you thought I was a troll :-p ;-)

It is actually a lot darker, but I took the picture in the middle of the day and the flash on my camera kept going off.

IF you're curious as to what I finally did

  1. put the wood in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees F to raise all the oil to the surface (this thing wasn't finished)

  1. Had some minwax water based stain mixed the "wildberry" color, poured out half the can and added a second shot of the "wildberry" color mixture.

  2. Used tung oil to finish it. The tung oil took the purple from really really bright to the dark color that it is now.

I'd like to thank everyone that gave me the tips that helped me find the answers, especially Andy Dingley.

(Suzuki Z400 page)

Reply to
C-squared

I still think you're a troll. :-)

Nice looking stock BTW.

rik

Reply to
RikC

Mon, Jul 21, 2003, 3:27am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@corpsie.com (C-squared) says: IF you're curious as to what I finally did

No, just why?

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Because people with those type of rifle stocks tend to finish them in typical "orange" colors, but I wanted something less flashy.

(Suzuki Z400 page)

Reply to
C-squared

Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 7:27pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@corpsie.com (C-squared) claims: Because people with those type of rifle stocks tend to finish them in typical "orange" colors, but I wanted something less flashy.

Typical? Orange? I don't mind the stock, not bad at all. But, I just can't see myself with a purple or orange stock. I could probably live with green, but wouldn't be thrilled. Generation gap I guess.

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:27:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@corpsie.com (C-squared) pixelated:

Milky purplish plastic is, like, gag me with a spoon, duuuude.

---------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps

Reply to
Larry Jaques