Finally got it done

I suppose we'd all have to wait several decades to see when modern glues would give out.
--

-MIKE-

Shear strength of glue will be excellent for the apron-tenon joints.

I recall FWW did a mechanical destruction lab test(+) a number of years ago. W/O looking it up, my recollection is that the difference was essentially noise; it certainly wasn't any major difference.
(+) They manufactured various joints from simple lap to full M&T in their shop and took them to a uni lab (I want to say Case Western) where the loading tests/measurements were done in one of their labs. It was pretty well done as opposed to some of the writer-submitted homebrew setups that often lack either control or decent measurement techniques, etc., ...
On 10/3/2011 5:06 PM, dpb wrote:

Exactly:
1. Half Lap = 1603 lbs to failure 2. Bridle = 1560 lbs 3. Splined Miter = 1498 lbs 4. 3/8" M&T = 1444 lbs 5. 3/8" Floating Tenon = 1396 lbs 6. Miter = 1374 lbs 7. 3/8" Wedged M&T = 1210 lbs 8. 3/8" Pinned M&T = 1162 lbs 9. 5/16" M&T = 988 lbs 10. Beadlock = 836 lbs 11. Dowelmax = 759 lbs 12. 1/4" M&T = 717 lbs 13. Pocket Screw = 698 lbs 14. Domino = 597 lbs 15. Biscuit = 545 lbs 16. Butt 473 lbs 17. Cope & Stick = 313 lbs 18. Stub Teneon = 200 lbs

Answers, in advance, to the next previous statements made in support of the contention:
Depending upon the grain direction of the traditional tenon, a floating tenon can be stronger.
Pinning the M&T joint actually made for a weaker joint.
Wood, properly glued, tends to fail at the wood and not the glue surface.
No glued joint will not last "forever".
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
jtpr wrote:

The only thing left is to paint it white - to match the cabinets. And you're done!