filling gap with wood powder - how?

I'm not woodworker but now I'm facing the problem with wood. I have to fill the gap between the solid mahogany boards - it is a top of the table. The gap is less than 1/16". I collected the desk from palm sender when the top was sand and mixed it with polyurethane - I was hoping to get the same color what the board are but this mixture turned black. How to use original mahogany powder to get matching color? Thank in advance Adam

Reply to
Adam

The best approach, if you have any tools, is to re-cut, then re-glue together properly. A thin-kerf table saw cut would do the trick.

If I had a mahogany table I wanted to show off and had no resources [tools], I'd take it to someone competent who can do it for me and pay the price.

For matching colour, look for a suitable painting tube [as used by artists.] You can match colour and use lightly or heavily. To use, squirt some into a jar and add pure turpentine. Shake well, and apply the stained liquid to whatever you want to stain. Practice with some other similar material if possible.

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Rogers

Reply to