FeatherBow

I just went to the Harrisburg Pa wooddorking show and I picked up the Featherbow, So far I like it, really easy to set up and use. Anyone else here that have tried or use this on a daily basis?

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

For those of us not fully in the 21'st century, what is a Feathebow?

Mark & Juanita

A feather board, Google it .

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Probably no need to Google it if it is called by its correct name to start with.

Reply to
Leon

no(SPAM)vasys

I bought one from them at last year's wood show and liked it a lot, so I decided to pick up another one for my router table at this year's wood show. Well, they changed the featherbow jr. and left out the L brackets that you attach the jr. with. The supplied paperwork now shows that you are supposed to drill holes in your fence and run bolts through to hold them in place, but the bolts that they supplied are the same ones that came with the original kit and they aren't long enough to go through a fence. I sent them an e-mail about it and asked if they could please send a set of the original L brackets (because they will work with my existing fence) and they never even answered my e-mail. I like the design of both the featherbow and the featherbow jr. (except for this bracket elimination issue), especially the feature of the featherbow that provides a force indication of 10 lbs pressure. It really works good. For any of you interested in seeing what a featherbow is, their website is

If any of you decide to buy one of these I think that you will be happy with it. Just don't expect any after sale support from them.

Reply to
Charley

Ok, now I see that Feather Bow is a correct name. Sorry.

Reply to
Leon

Ok, I have seen it and the demo.

Why use it instead of a regular feather board. It appears that it will not prevent the board from sliding back. Is that a correct assumption? What is the advantage that you see?

Reply to
Leon

I like the design of both the featherbow and the

Why do you like the Feather Bow over a normal Feather Board? I use Bench Dog feather boards and they too have a built in pressure indicator.

Reply to
Leon

It is actually three feather boards in one, which is why I like it. THe rounded end is an easy pass through then you have the traditional featherboard as well as one for delicate work. The traditional holds the piece without allowing it to kick back.

I too didn't like the idea of the elimination of the brackets and I sure as H*LL am not going to drill through my fence. What I did is too mount a piece of oak on top of my fence and drill through that, works very well.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

I under stand that there is 3 in one but what advantage does the bow have over a regular feather board. Why use it? It appears to me to offer less as far as safety goes.

Reply to
Leon

Even more curious, the sales pitch harps on how much better the featherbow is than the featherboard, then they go and attach it to a featherboard.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

I don't see as it would be any better than a standard featherboard, just different. They are, of course, going to tell you it is. The idea is not new in any case. The bow has been used as a hold down/ hold in for a long time. They even used one on the Router Workshop once.

Reply to
CW

But, but but , it "IS" revolutionary, according to their site.

It seems that it would not be as good as a feather board as it does not help prevent backward motion. That would be especially important when used on a router table.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah LOL.. In case you wanted to use something better I guess. I still wish a user would comment on why he feels it was worth purchasing. I would like to know in case there is something not easily understood or apparent why it would be used instead.

Reply to
Leon