failed glue joints-help needed

i have a table in which the glue joints on the large through tenons have failed. the table is now wobbly and I would like to reglue the failed joints. Is there a way to do this without busting the whole structure apart? thx rwk
rwk wrote:

Probably. Can you post a 640x480 photo to a web page or to news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking ?
Can the tenons be pulled apart (even slightly)?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

will try to do this tomorrow. It is not really a tenon but the stretchers are cut in the shape of a very large dovetail which is set into a through socket cut into the top of leg. the whole joint is exposed. looks quite nice but the glue eventually failed. If I could get a glue with good viscosity to flow down into the joint, I think that would do it. not sure what to use or how to force it in.
rwk wrote:

I'd choose the glue for holding power rather than viscosity.
A syringe-type applicator would probably allow you to force glue into the joint.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Tim W

A syringe with a 14 ga needle....grind off the point, keep center clear.
Yea - I have a nice brass syringe and a small set of needles. One is 7" long and is square on the end - normally. Others are reclaimed from my wife - large massive ones. B12 3" long into the thigh.
Vets have them for animals - they might be more willing - larger sizes and not people sizes.
Martin
Rick Samuel wrote:

Oooo, shudder!

What's the reason for the request for a specific picture size?
RicodJour wrote:

So /I/ can see it, too.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Your monitor doesn't display pictures that are larger than 640x480....?
RicodJour wrote:

Not when when the server strips 'em off or drops the post altogether.
Aside from that, unnecessarily large image files would seem inconsiderate of dial-up users.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Alright. I don't frequent abpw and I didn't realize that there were limitations on that end. I thought you were talking about your personal preference. Thanks for the info.
RicodJour wrote:

No worry. My personal preferences would be to be able to embed images in posts here, have a monitor/video card like robatoy's, and for all of us to be on gigabit wireless.
Hmm - as long as I'm wishing, I might as well wish for some of that magic mud, too. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

That's why I use flickr instead of ABPW--upload once in the largest size and flickr makes thumbnails in a variety of smaller sizes. For onesie-twosies it's a free service. Retention is as long as flickr stays in business.

On a 30" monitor set for 3840 x 2400, a 640 x 480 looks really small.
Sounds like a job for epoxy.