FA: Elu 3379K Plate Joiner - Like New

Just put a nice plate joiner on eBay:

wallyblackburn

the same time from Berland's House of Tools in Lombard, IL (possibly the greatest tool store ever).

I absolutely agree with you about Dewalt and the color. Also, B&D had a "Professional" line, so at one time they were marketing B&D, B&D Pro, Elu, and Dewalt tools--in some cases the same tool, under different marques, with different liveries.

You may recall that when Porter-Cable came out with their model 557 biscuit joiner there was a lawsuit against them by B&D concerning alleged design infringements. P-C had to redesign theirs slightly. One of our fellow wreckers had a business for a while supplying shims to make the Mk II P-C work like the litigated Mk I. In many respects I feel this Elu is superior to the P-C.

Some of you may recall that in the early years of The New Yankee Workshop, Norm used some Elu tools (biscuit joiner--but not the

3379--belt sander, drill, cordless drill, jigsaw, router). By the time I started my website (about 8 or 9 years after the series began) the Elu tools were long gone and pictures were pretty much unavailable. In most cases, B&D converted them to Dewalt and I used their butt ugly pictures. However, eventually I was able to find auctions of some of the B&D Professional versions and used those pictures instead, as they are virtually identical, save the label.

In a touch of irony, Norm, who had introduced us to biscuit joinery with an Elu 3378 (and an early P-C utterly unlike any other biscuit joiner), used a Dewalt 682 (the yellow version of the Elu) in a couple of episodes; well after acquiring the P-C 557.

That's a nice biscuit joiner which looks to be in great shape (mine is much dustier!) and someone is going to make a very good buy on it.

No, I am not a shill for Wally. It's just that I had a few notes about his joiner that I felt like sharing.

Reply to
LRod
[snipped for brevity]

I completely concur with all you've said. I cut my teeth on the Elu joiner, then got a deal on the Lamello, waaaaaaaaay back when. (That Lamello was subsequently stolen, and I replaced it with a 'leaner' version of the Lamello.

My one beef with the ELU, ( and therefore the DeWalt) is that the base-plate is thin enough that with the slightest drop, it will bend.

Another acquaintance has a joiner which is totally and completely identical to the ELU but with the Black & Decker name on it. Must have happened just before the DeWaltDisney infusion. (That yellow looks disgusting and always looks filthy.)

Reply to
Robatoy