eWoodShop - Kitchen island and base cabinet refresh in existing kitchen

Added, for a client: under island counter refrigerator; moved recycling pullout and added new door; replaced four glass fronted (and leaky) bean containers under island with two new doors and four shelves; replaced fixed shelves in selected kitchen base cabinets with eight pullout shelves:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShop4017KitchenPullouts
After use, client now wants eight more pullout shelves in other kitchen base cabinets.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Nice. Will the other kitchen lower cabinets come out for retrofitting or do you have to get down there on your butt to attach drawer slides?

None of the cabinets have come out ... ALL work has been done, by me, sitting on butt/on hands 7 knees/laying on floor/crawling inside cabinets.
Biggest problem, at my age, is getting back up ... which happens a dozen times an hour to get a tool/part/screw/hinge/etc, just out of reach.
Perk is, the nanny and cook are young, cute, and wear shorts.
Then again, at my age ... ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 9/1/2013 10:17 AM, Swingman wrote:

I have done this for a customer through out her pantry and lower kitchen cabinets. Actually in our island and a neighbors island too.
A little differently from you I told her that she was going to loose and extra 1" in width. I built 1/2" BB shells to mount the cabinet side of the slides on to. So basically all the hard work is done at normal work level, When I arrive for the install I simply slide the shell into the opening and attach it to the floor of the cabinet and then reinsert the drawers. With Euro style hinges you have to remove the hinge and door assembly to slide the shell in.
Down side is that this only takes 1~2 minutes per opening. You don't get to watch the cook & nanny in shorts for as long as with your method. ;~) You could however just lay down in there with the optimum view and run the drill every once in a while so that they think you are still working!
Good Job!
On 9/1/2013 10:45 AM, Leon wrote:

If it had been an option here, I would have done it that way ... just like I did with those file cabinets.
Gotta weigh all the short..,errr parameters. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 9/1/2013 11:15 AM, Swingman wrote:

Exactly, oh yeah. ;~) DOH

On 9/1/13 10:17 AM, Swingman wrote:

Be thankful you're not doing it all with a ruptured disc. DAMHIK.

You dirty old man.
(You don't need help, do you?) :-D
--

-MIKE-

Swingman wrote:

Ouch! My back is aching in sympathy.
On Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:56:44 AM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:

Nice job Karl. It looks like they've been there forever. I'm forever getting clients that want to add on after the fact.
RP