eWoodShop - Hutch End Cabinets 2010

Page 2 of 2
On 10/11/2011 2:18 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I was not at all intending to be mean Larry. Your comment just reminded me of my "different" neighbor that still lives with his mother.

No worries. I'm odd anyway, so that kind of thing doesn't bother me.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Nice work. Ouestion: Do you always put lower cab door knobs ceneterd at the top rail or was this a request? I need to place some on new home lower cabs and I was thinking 1/3 down the stile.

Thank you!
Although this was "by request" in this case, it is also my personal preference (I always ask).
I've found that on FF cabinet's, and for "knobs" that's where most people want them, and where most trim carpenters will place them absent instructions to the contrary, for cabinets in other parts of the house, bath vanity, etc.
IOW, centered in the square made by the junction of the stile and rail.
On Euro style cabs, since it's often a "pull" rather than a "knob", I generally center on the top of the door, in line with adjacent drawers if possible, thusly:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopKitchensInNewConstruction20022011#5661517033539856418
What I like about this approach is that it give you a "clocked" looked, much "clocking" the screws in a piece of fine woodwork.
This can be a real touchy thing to some clients, with some firm ideas, so prudence is the better part of valor, and not something I would take for granted.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I've never seen the pulls done that way. I am not a cabinet builder but spent lots of time in cab shops and of course every home kitchen. I would find that confusing, looks like hugely deep drawers. Yes, I would ask first.

Done which way? In that bunch of various kitchen photos, there are kitchens with many different knob/pull configurations, all done in accordance with the client's wishes.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I just looked at the first pic that came up, a shot of the sink wall and I see what look like deep drawers under the butcher block top but I assume are the cabinet doors you spoke of with handles at top of door set like a drawer

The big one at the top (under the butcher block) is a garbage can pullout, and the rest are drawers.
The only doors on that run are the two under the sink.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

When-the-hell did you have time to do THAT?
NICE!
On 10/10/2011 4:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

LOL Time? It's there, trying to hide, but can be found.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/10/2011 11:05 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopHutchEndCabinets2010
Look GREAT!
Remember all the stops oe the way up to Austin or was that the Deer Blind? ;~)
On 10/11/2011 7:07 AM, Leon wrote:

LOL I think it was the mother of these two pieces on that particular trip. Can never have too much rope, or tarp.
I'm about ready for a trip to Taqueria Chihuahua myself.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/11/2011 9:23 AM, Swingman wrote:

Or duck tape!

I could use a day off, we should drive up there one morning just for breakfast. ;~)

Fitting, especially at a duck blind, deer.

I've been off pork for many a decade now, but when I was partaking, we used to go down to the little taqueria across town on Sunday mornings for fresh carnitas tacos, complete with fall-apart pork, chopped fresh cilantro, and freshly diced serrano chiles on a pair of soft, hot corn tortillas. MAN, those were good. Hmm...I'm getting hungry for some of those again. I wonder if any of the Mex restaurants here make 'em.
-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach
On 10/11/2011 9:27 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Actually an elegant chicken coop with multiple windows and clean out hatches. Think a hi rise in an upper crust chicken community. ;~)
I kept picturing about 8 "Elmer Fudd" cartoon hunters packed in there with shot gun barrels poking out in every dirrection, waiting for that waskelry wabbit.

I think the main flavor ingredient in the breakfast tacitos at Taqueria Chiuahua is charizos. You don't want to know what goes in to making that. ;~)

Tres chic!

Scawwy thought!

Right. But it's good. Chorizo & egg burrito. Yum!
-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein