Evan Shively

Just got a call back from Mr. Shively, this morning. He said they're located near Marshall in Point Reyes, about an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Their showroom apparently isn't a "walk-in" affair, before you visit, he'd like you to all and get an appointment. His number is on this page:
http://www.moore.org/stories/08_15/news_story.asp
At my request, he faxed me directions to get there. I'm not reposting them here because I'm not sure he'd want that (although perhaps he would); I'd suggest any interested Bay Area woodworkers call the number on that page.
For future generations, perusing this in an archive, looking for information - if the above link ever goes dead, email me and I'll mail you the phone number back.
-BAT
That's nice, ah, what's an Evan Shively?
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
Mike G wrote:

See:
http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,10344,00.html
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Thank you Jack. I took a look at the site. ALMOST would make me wish I were in Ca. Almost!
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

He's the sawyer of fine custom wood seen on a recent episode of David Marks' "DIY Wood Works"
Kevin
Brett:
Good detective work. Thanks for the effort. I thought it might be in Marin.
I'll keep this in mind. Sounds like a great place and would love to "roam" around there when I get setup for my new shop.
I also know there's a place in Oakland/Berkley that does reclaimed lumber as well. Mostly trees that fell down and then milled.
MJ Wallace
snipped-for-privacy@onebox.com (MJ Wallace) writes:

MJ,
My pleasure. If anyone goes and visits, I'd love to hear a trip report. I'd been hoping he was going to have a "drop in any time" sort of arrangement. I'm backed up right now on a bunch of very non-artistic stuff for the house and don't have the budget for any really pretty wood, anyhow. Probably be a couple of years before I can really seriously even think about using any of his stock, and I'd hate to waste his time just so I can drool.
Which does make me think - maybe a group of us could go up one day or somesuch? I'd love to come along and browse if there's someone else who may buy...
-BAT