Epoxy Question

Page 3 of 3

Here I am trying to come up with a non craft store adhesive. If I can just have them buy something different form the usual sources, that would be good. I will check it out.
I walked into Michaels the other day and tried to find a couple things. After wasting an enormous amount of time, I found little of what I wanted. And there was no help either. But the craft ladies thrive in that environment. I guess I have too many male hormones for that kind of place.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 12, 5:17 pm, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Those places stink of estrogen...
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:19:37 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

ROTTING estrogen.
But I've found lots of goodies there. T-squares, plastic triangles, paint brushes, acrylic paint, etc.
-- Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce and when you realize that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate. --James Garfield
Add pictures here
✖
Michaels" says...

They just spend enough time in the store to know where to find what they want. I've gotten to where I can generally find stuff in the art and drafting supply area of the local one--anything else is a long search.
Really wish there was a real art supply store in reasonable driving distance, but the closest one is 40 miles away.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:42:49 -0500, "J. Clarke"

there since the girls graduated from highschool over 8 years ago)
Add pictures here
✖

This place is within driving distance of me, but my artist cousin near DC was the one that clued me in to the place. Apparently it's very well known in the art world. Tremendous selection, good prices, good service. http://www.unitedmfrscatalog.com/home/index.htm
✖
Silicone caulk or any of the polyurethanes would do an excellent job. GE makes a small size tube of silicone with a resealable top that would work out well. The biggest problem will be not getting it on the finish side of pieces.
--
DanG
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖

on the metal. O suggested that maybe they needed to go to a better hot adhesive. But they don't want to go to anyplace but the craft store or a local store.
Add pictures here
✖