Electricity under water

Page 3 of 3
steve robinson wrote:

Did Emma ever really wear thigh boots? Boots yes, but I seem to remember the really high ones being on Tara King.
--John

Tell me, if polarity only changes once, how does it get _back_ to the original polarity for the start of the next cycle?
'zero-crossings' (a.k.a. as 'polarity reversals') happen every HALF-CYCLE.
Positive-to-negative (occuring at 180 degrees) is one reversal Negative to positive (occuring at 360 degrees) is a _second_ reversal.
Only _after_ reaching the 360 degree point are you back to 'status quo ante', for the start of the next cycle.
On Aug 18, 4:37 am, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

That's fine by me...but YOU deal with Maxwell Smart.

For any who might be interested,
http://www.auburn.edu/~smith01/notes/maxdem.htm
is a reference to "Maxwell's Demon". Although I'll readily admit that contemplation of Agent 99 and Mrs. Peel Is much more the stuff dreams are made of.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

The very reason you don't use AC for electrolysis. You end up with containers full of H2 and O2. Not something you want to have.

H2 and O2 mixed, off each electrode. Start running.

but no smoking heels ;-)

There is not enough surface area of the contacts and the water is not conductive enough to trip the breaker. Depending on how long it was under water with the power applied, i'd bet there is pretty heavy corrosion of the contacts. John