Edge glued panels(oak)

Does anyone have a good mailorder source for oak panels around 20 inches wide and at least 4 feet long.
I'm going to phone around the Austin Texas area Monday but would like to have options. I did Google but found only one source that seemed a bit pricey.
I have a request for a night stand and they do not want plywood.
I am tempted to try edge glueing a table sawed set of pieces but hate to spend the money on the oak and then have them not look so good.
Thanks for any info.
Ron T
I've made some nice ones out of T&G flooring. Remember that the groove is deeper on top, to close the top part of the joint, so you should joint the groove edge lightly to even it up. All my cabinets were made with leftover flooring panels for sides. I had 4,6, & 8" boards, and they look OK. Wilson

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:48:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ron Truitt) wrote:

Maybe someone here is in Austin and would glue up a blank for ya'.
Ron Truitt wrote:

Just by way of encouragement, my father and I have done it using a little Delta benchtop jointer and a TS that was out of alignment, and we're not not that great, and the panels came out very nice. Lined the edges up with biscuits. It was easy.
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:48:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ron Truitt) wrote:

I'm sure you can find a shop locally that would glue them up for you. Any shop that makes raised panels would probably do it....for a price. They may also have a sander large enough for the 20" panels.
I also think you could do it yourself and get good results. One advantage of doing it yourself would be that you will likely pay more attention to wood color and perhaps grain orientation.
Mike O.