easy diagonal measuring

Why didn't I think of this? http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/2007/06/01/ws /
FWIW signing up for the emails isn't so bad. I answered 10 questions for Woodcraft and the sent me a $10 gift card, Hmmm..., what can I buy for $10.....
RayV wrote:

You're right!
Thanks for sharing it.

Good tip - thanks. Re. the emails and giftcard, though, did you mean Woodsmith (as in the tip link) or Woodcraft (for which a gift card woulud make more sense)? Either way, where do you find the 10 questions for a $10 card? Thanks, Andy

The giftcard was from Woodcraft. I signed up on their website a few months back and they just recently sent me a survey. When I finished they sent me another email good for $10 off my next order.
Shopnotes also sends surveys but no gift cards :-(

Nice... Good idea!

A gift card for someone... er... never mind.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
RayV wrote:

grammatical error, all I could think of was, "they need a better editor". Good tip, though.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

That annoyed me too. Just one little letter... Andy
Andy wrote:

I've been an avid newspaper reader for most of my 70 years. Ever since proofreaders were replaced by computers I've been unable to get through the daily paper without finding several grammatical/spelling errors.
And then there's the articles that end in the middle of a sentence :-).
Bring back the proofreaders!
--
It's turtles, all the way down

Larry Blanchard wrote:

And then there ARE the articles that end in the middle of a sentence.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Larry
*snip*

And then there are the articles that end the.
*snip*
It IS hard to resist.

Puckdropper