Dust collector question

I need to get a dust collection system installed in small shop. Any recomendations? I can use either 110v or 220v. Another question- why can't I simply run a duct outside and blow dust into yard. I was planning to put one of the trash can type collectors to catch the big chunky stuff before blowing it out. That way I can avoid messing with the filter bags.
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
100%
Minuscule amount less if your blades were dull.

quite
caught
You can blow it into the yard if you want. It will double as air conditioning. Does it get cold where you are?

On 9 Nov 2003 17:38:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net (Glen) wrote:

Do you have neighbors?
Also, without some sort of direction, the dust will blow all over the back of the building, and stick to it.
Another consideration of putting the DC outside is climate control, Heat and A/C will be drawn outside.
If you don't have problems with these items, go for it.
Barry
No neighbors and the shop is fairly far from the house. It isn't heated or cooled so that I don't think that will be problem. Worst thing I heard was that dust would coat side of shop. Maybe extending duct pipe further from shop would help that. Thanks for your help
Glen wrote:

If you haven't seen this site, take a look. Blowing dust to the outside is one of many things covered. http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm
-- Mark
On 9 Nov 2003 17:38:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net (Glen) wrote:

Because on a good day with the thicknesser, I can fill 10 plastic sacks. I'd rather collect it into bags than dump it in a loose pile.